Know Your Farmer: a panel discussion featuring local farmers
Technological Institute, Room L361
2145 Sheridan Rd, Evanston, IL
RSVP: please signup by clicking the above tab Potluck RSVP
Bring your own silverware, drinking glass and a dish to pass according to your last name.
G-L Side or Salad
312 Aquaponics, farmer Mario Spatafora
- They are an aquaponics urban farm that produces microgreens and fish in Chicago, IL
- He will represent 'Aquaponic Farmers'
Visit the farm at http://www.312ap.com/
Angelic Organics, farm manager Chris Voss
- They are a biodynamic organic vegetable CSA with over 1, 200 shareholders in Caledonia, IL
- He will represent 'Established Farms'
Visit the farm at http://www.angelicorganics.com/
Cedar Valley Sustainable Farm, farmers Beth & Jody Osmund
- They are a sustainable family farm that produces a Meat CSA in Ottawa, IL
- They will represent 'Protein Farmers'
Visit the farm at http://www.cedarvalleysustainable.com/
Chicago Botanic Garden: Windy City Harvest
- They are a non-profit who trains adults in Sustainable Horiculture & Urban Agriculture in Glencoe, IL
- They will represent 'Urban Farmers & Framer Training'
Visit the farm at http://www.chicagobotanic.org/windycityharvest
Common Roots Sustainable Farm, farmers Rebecca & Brian Weiland
- They are a sustainable family farm that produces a Vegetable CSA in Burlington, WI
- They will represent 'Young/Beginning Farmers'
Visit the farm at http://www.commonrootsustainablefarm.com/
The Talking Farm, farmer Linda Kruhmin
- They are a non-profit Urban Farm & Agriculture Resource Center in Evanston & Skokie, IL
- She will represent 'Urban Farmers'
Visit the farm at http://www.thetalkingfarm.org/